CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Foster Care Update

Today we had our home visit with the licensing worker! She went over a lot of paperwork, we signed stuff and she walked through the house. Our licensing home study should be written next week and then sent off to Lansing to be approved... typically the approval from Lansing takes four to six weeks. Once we're approved we can start getting placements.


We said we'd start taking placements of either male or female children between the ages of birth and 2 years. No more than two children at a time to start off with... we can always increase our license number if need be.

So I know the big question is... when will you have kids placed?! From the sounds of it, we should be approved at the end of August or beginning of September. Then is just depends of the types of children that get removed from their birth parents due to abuse and/or neglect. It could happen that same day or it could take a few months. It's hard to say. I'm sure I'll post once we get a placement... if I can find the time! :)

Dana and I are extremely excited and feel blessed to have the opportunity to care for children that need a family.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Super exciting!!!

Molly said...

I'm so excited for you guys!