Yep... you guessed it, we're still waiting... waiting for our foster care license to be approved in Lansing, where it sits with hundreds of others... waiting. We're starting to feel a little anxious because the reality of being licensed is beginning to set in now that it's the last week in August. Once it's approved we could be an "insto-family" with one phone call. It's exciting to think about, but sometimes we wonder if we'll be good parents to these precious babies who need a family.
Right now we're as prepared as we can be with baby stuff... we decided to wait on getting clothes, more bottles, diapers, wipes and all the little things until we actually get a placement. I'm sure we could be more prepared as I just realized we don't even have a diaper bag yet... there are so many things that one little human needs. :)
So, stay tuned. We'll keep everyone updated on the happenings of the Mika household in the next few weeks or months or however long it takes.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Waiting...
Posted by Real Life: Joy and Sorrow at Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You guys seem like such patient people! I know you will make such great parents!! Those babies are going to need you and all the love I know you are going to give them! I am so excited to read about how your lives change in the next few months!
Post a Comment