Yesterday I was driving back to the office from a home visit and my phone rings. When I answered it I expected it to be from Nick's foster care worker... but nope it was from our foster care licensing worker. She wanted to know if we'd take an 11 month old little girl!?! I called Dana and we both decided that we weren't quite ready to be parents of two children... only 3 months apart. I will admit that the thought of having a little girl was quite thrilling.
When you get a call it's an adrenaline rush.... excitement and chaos all at the same time. You instantly start to think of what it entails. I can see why some foster parents are "addicted" to foster parenting for years. One, for the love of children. Two, for the rush, the changes and challenges of every day life.
I think we'll both know when we're ready for another addition to the family. Give us another couple of months... or more. :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment